[Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 17 07:43:00 MDT 2009

Alan

Sorry but I believe that this needs further clarification. So long as we
are describing the same part and the fixed steering wheel later cars
this WAS the type of ring used on A-H 100.

There were, at this time and earlier, other cars fitted with this same
style ring but in some cases such as early 1950s Austin saloons they
were wider so one has to be a little careful here. Early post war and
pre war Austins did use the same ring as the 100 as did many other cars
around this period.

The Lucas part number is 324734 and is described as a Striker Ring. The
BMC part number is 7H 5471

Regards

--
John Harper