[Healeys] Trailering/AAA Flatbed Danger

Neil Trelenberg neilberg at telus.net
Mon Nov 23 21:08:56 MST 2009

   I had my Healey trailered with a flat bed by BCAA this spring.  I requested
a flatbed with a "wagging tail".  All their fleet locally here in Vancouver BC
are new and have this feature on the back of the beds.  What it is:  the last
4 or 5 feet of flatbed is on a hydraulic pivot.  This allows them to drop or
raise the last section so that the car will not drag on anything while being
pulled up on the bed.  I have "Canadian" towing eyes on the front, a rag was
wrapped on the hook and then put into the eye.  Nothing on the car touched
anything and the paint didn't even get chipped on the towing eyes.  They used
straps over the tires and even they were pulled on a slight angle so as not to
touch the finish.  The trip was up and down hills for 25 miles and it came
through without a scratch.  Also, all it cost me was 25 bucks, I found out
later they would waved that if I would have told them it could only be bedded.
This is obviously not a new technology if we have it here on the "wet" coast,
I'm sure it could be requested elsewhere if necessary.....Neil
Healeys at autox.team.net

You are subscribed as ah3000me at gmail.com

http://www.team.net/archive
Healeys at autox.team.net