[Healeys] Gear reduction starter installation saga continues

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 18:56:29 MST 2009

I spent the afternoon tinkering with the starter and got it clocked so that it cleared the passenger toe box and the engine block. The top bolt no problem but the bottom bolt not so good there is very little room for the nut to fit between the starter motor and and the mounting tab. I should clarify that the nut will just fit but not the nut and the lock washer. I am thinking of finding a thinner nut that will fit with the lock washer. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly apprciated.
Jorge Garcia
1965 BJ8