[Healeys] Gear reduction starter installation saga continues

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:12:37 MST 2009

They make nyloc nuts that are thinner than a standard size nut - and then you
would not need a lockwasher. Richard
 > Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:56:29 -0800> From: fortee9er at yahoo.com> To:
healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gear reduction starter
installation saga continues> > I spent the afternoon tinkering with the
starter and got it clocked so that it cleared the passenger toe box and the
engine block. The top bolt no problem but the bottom bolt not so good there is
very little room for the nut to fit between the starter motor and and the
mounting tab. I should clarify that the nut will just fit but not the nut and
the lock washer. I am thinking of finding a thinner nut that will fit with the
lock washer. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly apprciated.> Jorge Garcia>
http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys at autox.team.net>
mayorrichard at hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive