[Healeys] hubs .. splines - autotightening

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Aug 26 07:58:06 MDT 2009

I made  a copy of the wooden spinner removal tool - the thing that you put
over the spline and bash with a hammer. I used about 3 layers of best marine
ply epoxied together at angles so the plys were not running parallel. It's
not a thing of beauty but it's not going to fall apart.
I never use it nowadays!
I do use one of those hammers with hard black rubber on one face and tough
white nylon(?) on the other face. Or a Thor hammer. One can still get the
screw-in faces for both tools.
Simon