[Healeys] BJ8 Carb problems

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 14:58:44 MDT 2009

In a message dated 8/23/2009 4:09:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
george at franciscovich.net writes:

I  replaced the fuel filter and get fuel pumping from the line to the  float
bowls--but that is where it ends-I don't seem to be getting fuel into  the
float bowls themselves.

Disconnect the fuel line and briefly turn on the ignition switch to make
sure that fuel is actually being delivered to the carb bowls--you should get
a  quart or so in a minute.  If flow is okay take off the lids and check  to
make sure the jets are not stuck closed--when the lids are inverted in the
palm of your hand the needles will be in the down position closing off the
jet  and when you blow into the brass nipple they should pop up.

Report back.....Michael Oritt