[Healeys] Petronics

Dan jobu53 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:03:51 MDT 2009

I can vouch for what Earl is saying. I used the other option and shortened the
rotor. I spoke with Pertronix about this issue a few years ago and they wanted
me to send them my dizzy which I wasn't willing to do. They claimed that they
had never heard of this problem but at Conclave in San Diego last year I spoke
with a few who were having the same issue. Udo Putzke said he was aware of the
problem also and that his Pertronix units were modified to remedy this. I
don't see how modifying the unit could possibly fix this but those who know
Udo will know what I mean.

  I have been running the shortened rotor for about 1k miles with no problems
so far.

Dan Serrao

1963 BJ7