[Healeys] carburator gaskets

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 19:30:32 MDT 2009

Manifold->Gasket(*)->Insulator Block->Gasket->Heat Shield->Gasket->Carburettor

(*) Neither the parts book nor Moss catalog show this gasket, but I believe you
need one.  I have them on my BJ8--it's a different material than the heat shield
gaskets (which appear to be paper)--and may come with the carb rebuild kits.

I can't imagine not putting a gasket between the insulator block and the
manifold--seems like you'd be asking for an intake leak (the insulator block is
a hard plastic, probably Bakelite).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net