[Healeys] carburator gaskets

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:36:48 MDT 2009

Bob

My SU rebuild kit came with 2 paper gaskets (not listed), The engine payen kit
came with 4 metal gaskets (as listed in parts manual), I am still deciding
what to do. Incidentally my bj8 when stripped had 6 of the metal ones.

I was thinking of putting a metal gasket each side of the plastic insulator
and the paper one between the heatshield and carb (as it is supplied with the
carbs)?

I also thought you would need something between the manifold and plastic.

The answers have never really clarified the order or material.

Yours has been the clearest answer so far.

cheers Andy