[Healeys] Indy 500 tips wanted

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 16:57:47 MST 2008

Jim,

Wasn't that one a fun race. I understand that during recent tire tests that
they were able to get 20 laps from a set of tires - a 100% improvement.
Still sad.

We normally park east of the track, north of 16th and on the other side of
the railroad tracks. The folks in the neighborhood sell parking spaces in
their yards.  A bit longer walk, but we miss all the traffic.

Ken,

You might also look into going to the "Night Before the 500" USAC midget
racing at the 5/8 mile paved oval at O'Reilly (Indianapolis) Raceway Park.
  Anyone remember the 1993 Jaguar XJ220 series, FastMasters?

Bob