[Healeys] Mark This Day -- Gasoline

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Sat May 24 08:32:30 MDT 2008

Hate to say it, but right there in front of us is exactly why we are in the
mess we're in.  "6-cylinder good gas mileage" is an oxymoron.  I bet it
can't even crack 30mpg in real world driving...and for those out there that
think 30mpg is good...well, no 30mpg is still terrible.  Under 30 is just
pathetic these days, but we in the USA have been sold a bill of goods by the
automakers that 25mpg is just astounding, and that we should be happy and
impressed with that.

That's why 3 years ago I bought a daily driver that makes 130HP, 250FT-Lbs
and gets between 45 and 55mpg, depending on how I drive.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8

Subject: [Healeys] Mark This Day -- Gasoline

Mark this day gang,   I paid my first  $4.02/gallon for gasoline (the
cheapest stuff) today in San Diego, CA and it took  $56.00 to fill up my
Toyota
Tacoma  6-cylinder good gas mileage.   My wife paid  $40.00 for her little
Toyota
Corolla and didnt get a full tank.
<<