[Healeys] Subject: Re: Other Manufacturers Seats for Healey 3000

James Sailer bj8Healey at msn.com
Sun May 11 07:21:13 MDT 2008

Jack,

I will go along with Tracy.  I had a Heritage redo my seats and they are for
me very comfortable  I did have to put holes in the foam seat bottoms to make
them softer as Norman Nock describes in one of his article.  I had my seat
frames powder coated and I sent them to Heritage to have them put the covers
on.  They are perfect  I also had heritage do my rear seat pans but then
installed everything else my self.  I would highly recommend having them do
the seats; not cheap though.  I also made a modified set of the wood slats
that are under the seat rails.  Thicker at the front and just about nothing at
the rear.  This tips the seat back a bit and give better back and under thigh
support (for me at least). I attached a photo of my seats.

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8
60 Frogeye

>Heritage Upholstery.  I don't have it, but covet it every time I see it.  I
>would consider a pro to install it though.  I speak from experience here.
>In other words look at a professionally installed heritage kit (seats or
>interior) side by side with my car and you will clearly not choose my car.

>Wheeeeeeee!!

>Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
>President AHCUSA              www.healey.org

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Dsc00968.jpg]