[Healeys] seats

fmags fmags at cox.net
Sun May 11 08:11:33 MDT 2008

Hi Jack,

When I redid my seats in my BJ8, one of them was so bad (the bottom) that it
was literally hanging together by the rust.  I made a new seat bottom starting
with a Sprite seat bottom.  The Sprite and 3000 set pans are quite similar and
it was relatively easy to convert the Sprite pan into a 3000 pan with a little
cutting, welding, and hammer/dolly work.

I got my leather seat covers and foam from Healey Surgeons in Maryland
probably 15 years ago and they still look great and are very comfortable.
I've been a customer of theirs for 20 years and they are first class.

Frank
Wichita, KS
'65 BJ8

<Before I take the plunge and buy new covers for my seats and center arm rest
I would like to hear from folks who have upgraded their seats by installing
seats from other cars.

Actually, these ancient Healey attempts at comfort are more comfortable than
expected, but I thought it would be nice to hear from others before I make
that purchase.

Any suggestions?

Jack
BT7 in progress>