[Healeys] Gullwing Motor Cars

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:44:20 MST 2008

As an buyer from the uk:I purchased my bj8 restoration from Gullwing in 2002
after looking all over the Uk at many cars that were mis-advertised as
something they were definately not or in a far worse condition, for a lot of
money. I then (maybe unwisely) looked at cars on the net over in the US and
after swapping emails / photos decided to offer Gullwing the advertised price
if they would include shipping. Had no problems  and shipping agents were good
but I did assume that some "typical rust on the floors and rear inner wings"
would mean replace floors, inner wings, sills, etc etc. Everyone seems to bend
the truth, but the car was as I expected and ended up alot cheaper than buying
a Uk car. They seemed helpful but Im glad I wasnt expecting a week long
restoration with a little welding and paint.
My comments as a buyer not seller!
cheers Andy