[Healeys] Late or Early Friday Funny - OZ WORDS

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 9 03:05:07 MST 2008

G'day

It's Sunday evening and yes I know that I'm late for last Friday's Funnies
and way too early for next Friday's.

So I though I would break with tradition by throwing in a Sunday night
funny. Having to go to work tomorrow, I need something. Perhaps this will
help?

If not, they are bound to make you think.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

The following are results from an OZ-words Competition where entrants were
asked to take an Australian word, alter it by one letter only, and supply a
witty definition.

Clearly, you need to be an Aussie to understand entirely:

            Billabonk: to make passionate love beside a waterhole.

            Bludgie: a partner who doesn't work, but is kept as a pet.

            Dodgeridoo: a fake indigenous artefact.

            Fair drinkum: good-quality Aussie wine.

            Flatypus: a cat that has been run over by a vehicle.

            Mateshit: all your flat mate's belongings, lying strewn around
the floor

            Shagman: an unemployed male, roaming the Australian bush in
search of sexual activity.

            Yabble: the unintelligible language of Australian freshwater
crustaceans

            Bushwanker: a pretentious drongo, who reckons he's above average
when it comes to handling himself in the scrub.

            Crackie-daks: 'hipster' tracksuit pants.

            And for the Kiwi's amongst us: Shornbag: a particularly
            attractive naked sheep