[Healeys] Computer Question

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 3 00:45:59 MDT 2008

G'day Patrick:

Depending on where you are travelling, photo shops will transfer your memory
card contents to a CD or DVD quickly - people I know do this periodically on
a trip to back up the camera's memory card(s) 'just in case'.

I suspect that the best way will likely be to buy a 'whole bunch' of memory
cards and simply swap another one in as they fill up.  You could also set
the camera to shoot at a reduced resolution when appropriate - each file is
smaller, so more files (images) will fit on a given card.  My camera will
store approx 2000 images at 'medium resolution' on a 2 GB card (secure
digital type in my case), and the images are still a fairly high quality.
If you shoot video on the same card, the whole thing goes out the window -
those files are much larger.

Hoo Roo yourself - and have a good trip.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8