[Healeys] Heat Insulation

Peter Schauss schauss at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 29 20:14:13 MDT 2008

While we are on the subject of insulation, what suggestions do all of you
have for the blast of hot air which comes from around the handbrake, and the
shift lever boot and the fact that you could fry an egg on my ash tray?

The guy I bought my car did a sufficiently good job of insulating the fire
wall, cockpit floor, and the gearbox tunnel that my feet do not get
unbearably hot.  There is, however, a serious blast of hot air coming from
around the base of the hand brake.  Although there are no cracks in the
shift lever boot, and it seems to seal well around the shift lever and the
opening in the tunnel I do feel a good bit of heat coming from that spot.
Then there is the ash tray....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7