[Healeys] Heat Insulation

Richard Collins gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 14:05:48 MDT 2008

I know my BN7 has a non original trannie (top shift) but my hand brake comes
out on the passenger side of the tunnel, not the driver side.  Is this unique
as I bought a carpet set from M+++ awhile back and I had to have a new tunnel
cover carpet made because of it...also bought their thermal mat which works
well from what I can tell. But I have also plugged lots of firewall openings,
etc from the prior owners, etc.

Richard of KY
1960 BN7 #440> From: schauss at worldnet.att.net> To: Healeys at autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:14:13 -0400> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heat Insulation>
> While we are on the subject of insulation, what suggestions do all of you>
have for the blast of hot air which comes from around the handbrake, and the>
shift lever boot and the fact that you could fry an egg on my ash tray?> > The
guy I bought my car did a sufficiently good job of insulating the fire> wall,
cockpit floor, and the gearbox tunnel that my feet do not get> unbearably hot.
There is, however, a serious blast of hot air coming from> around the base of
the hand brake. Although there are no cracks in the> shift lever boot, and it
seems to seal well around the shift lever and the> opening in the tunnel I do
feel a good bit of heat coming from that spot.> Then there is the ash
tray....> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.> > Peter Schauss> 1963 BJ7>
1980 MGB> >