[Healeys] service questions

TERRY COLL coll44 at msn.com
Wed Jul 9 08:28:27 MDT 2008

Thanks Michael!!!  Most appreciated!

Terry Coll  '64 BJ8> From: msalter at precisionsportscar.com> To: coll44 at msn.com;
healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: RE: [Healeys] service questions> Date: Wed, 9
Jul 2008 08:54:04 -0400> > Hi Terry, the dipstick can be accessed beneath the
rectangular rubber plug> which is just forward of the console on the upper
surface of the tunnel.> Sometimes it takes a bit of a pull to get the dipstick
out.> I made a special tool for removing the overdrive drain plug but I
believe> one is available from British Too however their site is down at
present.> Michael Salter> > -----Original Message-----> From:
healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com at autox.team.net>
[mailto:healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com at autox.team.net] On>
Behalf Of TERRY COLL> Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:39 AM> To: AustinHealey
List> Subject: [Healeys] service questions> > Sorry to bother all with
questions but having trouble accessing archives.> Changing the gearbox/OD oil
in a BJ8 and want to know if center console has> to> come out to get to the
dipstick. Also, as I have the notched type of OD> drain> plug I'm wondering if
there are any tricks to removing it as I'm reluctant> to> proceed with the
hammer/blunt instrument method.> > Thanks, Terry Coll '64 BJ8>