[Healeys] wiper blades

Alex alexmm at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 24 13:55:51 MDT 2008

Inspired by Scott's excellent article, I went over to my local VIP store
here in southern Maine, and the friendly salesman helped me find a wiper
"refill" that works.

It's a Tridon All Season-Plus 18 with an 83P-18R part number.

There's enough material to make four blades for a big Healey. The refill
includes a nice backplate that fits the holder on my BT7 perfectly. There's
a clip on one end to keep it in place. I used a hot soldering iron to
slightly deform the plastic on the other end to keep the blade retained.
Works like a champ.

== Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 MG TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,
     1965 MG Midget
     http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm