[Healeys] Overdrive problem

sbyers at ec.rr.com sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 09:26:30 MDT 2007

Thanks, David -
I removed the operating rod (metering pin) yesterday and inspected the hole in the pin.  It did not appear to be plugged, and I was able to manually (mouthfully?)blow through the pin easy enough, while using a paper towel to catch any crud/evidence.  Oil came out, but no crud.  I'll clean it and inspect it more thoroughly this afternoon.  I hope the solution will be that easy.

Are there other similar orifices in the oil passages that could cause the same problems if plugged?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA