[Healeys] coil spring specs

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:26:07 MDT 2007

There are 3 different coil spring configurations in the 100-6 - 3000 models.
The 100s are probably the same as 100-6 but I do not know that for sure. The
100-6 and early 300's are one size and length. The MK IIs are different. And
the BJ8 is another size. They all have different lengths, wire sizes and
spring rates. What car are your asking about? OOPS, I just saw that you have
a BJ8. I cannot tell you right now what the free length should be, as I sit
here at my computer, but contact me offline. I have a couple of sets of BJ8
coils. I will measure them for you. However, coil springs have never been a
problem with our cars, and the BJ8 springs are the stiffest.  If they are
the same length, or if neither side is sagging, why worry about it.  Richard
Mayor