[Healeys] Facet fuel pump

Mark Goodman mkgoodman at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 17 13:42:00 MDT 2007

Dear Greg,

I would put the Facet pump between the tank and the SU, as you will not have
to modify the long fuel line between the SU and the Carbs.   I have not had
good luck with the Facet Pumps,  as I had one fail after two years when I
tried to use it as a backup and the replacement leaked externally after a
year.  Then I tried a new one and it did not work out of the box.   My SU
has been modified by David Dubois to use an enclosed magnetic activated reed
switch to switch a transistor and therefore should not be a problem.  I am
working with David to design an optical version that eliminates the swing
mechanism.   I carry a modified spare SU with me just in case it fails.  I
am now anal about carrying spares, as I have had to be towed more than once
in the past 5 years.

Mark