[Healeys] USA time

Brits'n'Pieces (Eric Frenken) lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Wed Oct 31 03:52:57 MST 2007

Patrick,

I can only imagine that this clock is set remotely by a transmitter. We have
this kind of transmitter here in Germany. The antenna is near the city of
Frankfurt and the signal can be received within about 600 miles, which is, I
believe, nearly the whole territory of Germany.

It is not uncommon for digital radio clocks you buy over here that you
cannot adjust them manually, but you have to rely on the signal from
Frankfurt, which is BTW very reliable and accurate.

Maybe they have the same system in the US, which for obvious reasons
(frequency) won't work down under.

Eric, Germany
http://brits-n-pieces.com

Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:

G'day Pieter

Sometimes even blondes say things that contain more truth than you would
expect.

Perhaps someone can explain this for me?

I have a Barbie Healey with a digital clock but it will not work in
Australia. Getting over the difference between the 110v in the US and our
240v isn't a problem but I am told that the gizmo (technical term) that
controls the clock is set for US settings and won't work here.

Am I blonde or is there some technical thing that is quite beyond me?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia