[Healeys] Soft top question bj8

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Oct 16 07:46:44 MDT 2007

George,

Due to your description I understand exactly what your problem is and it's
relatively easy to fix.
The mounting brackets on either side of the car have 2 studs and one bolt in
each side. Shims can be placed between the bracket and the top frame
mounting foot that will cause the foot to tilt forward or back as needed.
Yours need to tilt forward juat a bit which will miraculously completely
change that closing gap across the windscreen and solve the problem. When
fitting these shims be aware that it will also affect how the side pieces
come together and fit over the windup window glass.

Rich Chrysler