[Healeys] Two Questions for the group

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Mon Jul 30 10:41:50 MDT 2007

Gary,
I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the
"commemoratives". You mean BMC did some cars fitted like the team rally
cars for sale to privateers? Never heard of that. I have only heard of
privateers getting team hand me downs. I remember seeing Lee Collins, I
think, in Australia that had Pat Moss's actual car. I took pictures in
his garage. He also had a 100S. The 3000 has been sold a couple of times
since, I think.
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces+ken.freese=aerojet.com at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces+ken.freese=aerojet.com at autox.team.net] On Behalf
Of Editorgary at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 5:38 PM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Two Questions for the group

I've recently bumped into two questions that perhaps someone in the
group has a reference from which to answer:
l. Does anyone know how many of the commemorative Liege Healeys that
were
produced after Pat Moss's win in that long-distance rally?   I remember
seeing
one in the metal in Australia, complete with hardtop and Liege decal on
the window many years ago, and remember seeing the brochure on the car,
but have never seen anything else on these cars. Details, anyone?
2. Can anyone give me the reference to the Mel Torme road test of the
100?
I've gotten a line on some new info on that and would like to find the
original article.
Thanks
Gary