[Healeys] Body panels

magmay at peoplepc.com magmay at peoplepc.com
Wed Jul 25 10:56:59 MDT 2007

Car #93 has alloy panels front to rear down the center and steel doors and
outer fender pieces.
 Just a further few thoughts on grill shape, why would someone making
replacement surrounds go to all the trouble to redesign them. First it a
difficult bit of design work to center the breaks in the curve and I don't see
how it would make production easier. Two, one could expect customers to reject
the product as incorrect. Three, would it fit the original shroud opening? By
the way, has anyone done the switch and do they both fit without a rework?
Strange things happen so I don't rule anything in or out.
 By the way #93 also has the infamous screwed on rocker pieces Geoff wrote
about Jensen pawning off on them so I have wondered when they were changed as
it seems my car would of been further into production than I belive they were
installed. Rich, have you found those on the cars you mention? As mine was a
compettion car and the build date is during the summer break one wonders just
what was used to build it. And yes, I to am intrigued with this minutiae.
Jim