[Healeys] BJ7 Gearbox Main Shaft

Healeyguy at aol.com Healeyguy at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 20:44:51 MDT 2007

We dismantled two BJ7 transmissions over the last week and both had lost  the
unit-directional clutch in the OD at some point completely wrecking the OD
plus destroying the splines at the back end of the gearbox main shaft. Does
anyone know if a shop that can spray weld the shaft and recut the splines or
some other method of satisfactory repair? If not I'll be looking for some used
parts real soon. Anybody have a BJ7 OD unit and/or mainshaft available?  Thanks
Aloha
Perry