[Healeys] Bad Company

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 22:53:14 MDT 2007

Hey Bob -

Both you and I are old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" meant it was
a piece of unreliable garbage.  How things have changed.

For every Chinese manufacturer that makes the 3 cent garbage plastic parts
(or, for example, leaded paint covered childrens' toys!) there's another
Chinese manufacturer making stuff near or at world class standards... so
your email's a bit off.  If I'm not mistaken even the new iPhone has many
key components made in China.

By the way, my experience with Chinese businessmen is the exact opposite to
your example.  If they make something that is inferior, and you explain to
them it is inferior, they will go out of their way to make it to your
expectations.  The problem comes in when the purchaser doesn't bother to
complain about an inferior product and just takes it because it's 3 cents.
There's a few of our favorite suppliers in the LBC world that are guilty of
this apathy!

Cheers,

Alan