[Healeys] Bad Company

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 09:22:01 MDT 2007

re:

""Forget it you should have known better than to trust
them!!!". "

But they're SOOOOOOO cheap!   ;););)

One of my flying partners manages production in Asia for Apple. To
illustrate his experiences, he grabbed an empty bottled water bottle
and pointed to it, saying:

"The Japanese will study this forever, and eventually will give you
a better-than-original copy for a premium price.  The Chinese will
take a quick look and produce a crappy knock-off with a hole in the
bottom."

My friend, to the Chinese: "It has a hole in the bottom."

Chinese manufacturer: "It's 3 cents."

Friend: "But, it HAS A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM."

Chinese: "It's 3 cents."

Friend, exasperated: "IT HAS A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM!!!"

Chinese, unmoved: "It's 3 cents."

Hope Apple is paying him a bunch.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net