[Healeys] King pins out

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Thu Dec 6 20:48:09 MST 2007

These are not bolts, they are half moon cotters and work by locking the
trunnion pin nuts in place. When you tap on them they will only move a
fraction of an inch, but they will release their grip on the trunnion nuts
which can then be unscrewed. Don't try to drive them out with the trunnion
nuts in place. That way lays frustration, damaged parts and bloody knuckles.
The cotter holding the trunnion pin in the bottom of the king pin is a
similar item.