[Healeys] Adaptation of adjustable steering wheel control head to non-adjustable wheel

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:35:04 MDT 2007

Bill -

If I'm not mistaken (and I often am!) I am pretty sure you can put an
adjustable control head into a non-adjustable steering wheel.  The big
difference in price is due primarily to the fact that non-adjustable control
heads for 100/6 have a different horn button, so it will look different.

If you are content that the control head will be the standard no-nonsense
chock a block austin control head they used on 3000's, then I would say go
for the adjustable head.  The adjustable head has the advantage of being
very easy to remove if you need to take the steering wheel off.  The fixed
head is miserable in this regards.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1