[Healeys] Adaptation of adjustable steering wheel control head to non-adjustable wheel

Bill Shipton ecsaustralia at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 5 15:40:20 MDT 2007

Hi all,

My BN6 has a strange control head on the steering wheel - it works OK,
but is the incorrect part (I've no idea what it's off but it doesn't
appear to be a Healey part).

Ultimately I want to replace it with the correct item. The wheel in the
car is a non-adjustable unit.

Looking at the prices of a complete control head, the adjustable one
costs $$, whereas the non-adjustable unit costs $$$$$$!!

My question is, can an adjustable control head be adapted to fit a
non-adjustable steering wheel? I noticed in one UK suppliers catalog
that their non-adjustable control head is adapted from
the adjustable unit, so I was wondering if this is a DIY proposition.

Thanks,

Bill.