[Healeys] Vapor lock?

Leonard Berkowitz drberkowitz at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:15:06 MDT 2007

I believe that is what my problem is called.  It seems that when my car is
hot and I turn it off it is very hard to restart it unless it has been
sitting for a very long time.  The problem is encountered more frequently on
hot days. Not so much when it is cold.  The only way to start it is to put
my foot to the floor and crank the engine for quite some time. The only bit
of info I failed to include is that the problem is not with my beloved 63
Healey. It is with my 50 Dodge.  The car has a straight six, L-head engine
with a one barrel carburator and no fuel filter. It is typical design with a
metal fuel line coming from the fuel pump to the carberator.  I was
wondering if there might be some other reason for the starting difficulty
that some one on the list might suggest.