[Fot] Street TR4 gearbox

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Tue May 31 13:13:25 MDT 2022

I think they tend to get air in them when they are taken apart. You can
tell very quickly by taking off the plug where a gauge would normally be
mounted. Spin it and see if oil gets pumped out. You might want to run
it a while without the plug to see if the air works its way out of the
system. I did an article on these which is at the VTR maintenance
section. It explains a procedure for diagnosing a pump which is not
working, but it needs to be out of the car.
  - Larry Young