[Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?

Jim Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Sat May 8 13:46:32 MDT 2021

I'm going with your guess.
jg

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot <fot-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Tony Drews via Fot
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 12:40 PM
To: Amici Triumphi <fot at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?

I had an issue last weekend that I'm going to dig into shortly. I thought it would be fun to see what the guesses on the root cause are before I take things apart and really figure it out...

Setup:

TR-4, stock style clutch (diaphragm pressure plate), stock-ish linkage and slave cylinder

Issue:

Sudden change in clutch engagement point on clutch pedal and slipping clutch when pedal is up.  Engagement point moved from near the floor to near the top of pedal travel.  Happened suddenly.  Clutch fluid is at normal level.  Clutch will still engage, but not completely - like I'm not fully releasing the pedal.

Guesses?  I'm suspecting something with the clutch fork (maybe a pin came out and jammed in the throwout)?  Slight chance of hang up in slave cylinder, but those are so simple it seems unlikely. Of course I'll report back when I know the actual cause.

Cheers, Tony Drews

fot at autox.team.net