[Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat May 8 12:39:49 MDT 2021

I had an issue last weekend that I'm going to dig into shortly. I
thought it would be fun to see what the guesses on the root cause are
before I take things apart and really figure it out...

Setup:

TR-4, stock style clutch (diaphragm pressure plate), stock-ish linkage
and slave cylinder

Issue:

Sudden change in clutch engagement point on clutch pedal and slipping
clutch when pedal is up.  Engagement point moved from near the floor to
near the top of pedal travel.  Happened suddenly.  Clutch fluid is at
normal level.  Clutch will still engage, but not completely - like I'm
not fully releasing the pedal.

Guesses?  I'm suspecting something with the clutch fork (maybe a pin
came out and jammed in the throwout)?  Slight chance of hang up in slave
cylinder, but those are so simple it seems unlikely. Of course I'll
report back when I know the actual cause.

Cheers, Tony Drews