[Fot] Clutch issue - guesses? Answer!

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat May 8 17:43:47 MDT 2021

That was fun to see the wisdom of the list.

Problem was...: pressure plate.  Apparently the diaphragm broke. Not all
fingers line up.

That was really fun to take apart (not!!!).  I'll send a pic on the next
reply.

So...  Any "better than the others" choices for a TR-6 stock style
pressure plate?  I probably should go ahead and do the disc while I'm at
it - and I'm looking for good sources for that too. This is the TR-7
splined disk (1" 18 spline?).  I need something beefy of course.

The disc actually looks pretty good, but while I'm in here I might as
well see about doing the whole schmeer.  I'm going to rebuild the slave
too just because, although the more I replace the more my new parts can
catch me out too.  One more local race before the 4 day tow to the Cup
in Portland, would much prefer not to break it again there.

Clutch fork is pinned to the shaft with an extra through bolt. Clutch
fork fingers are stock, would be a good opportunity to try Glen's grade
8 bolt trick.  Glen, can you describe how you do that in a little more
detail?

Time for shower number 2 for the day.  :)

Cheers, Tony Drews