[Fot] Intake/Exhaust manifold gasket

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue Feb 2 18:28:23 MST 2021

i’d be interested in knowing what the material is.  Years ago I got several gaskets from PRI for the GT6 - not a reliable supplier and now gone, but I’m still using and re-using the gaskets.  He made them for Spitfires too.  It is a thick grey material that has more "give", but has a surface finish almost like masonite hardboard.  As such, I can slip a blade under it to separate it from the head and re-use it.  I just smear a little permatex black around the intakes.  I’ve been using the same one for probably six years or more. It’s been removed at least that many times.

I’d love to find something as long lasting as that.

Scott