[Fot] Fwd: Cold Fuel

Bob Bownes -Seiri bownes at seiri.com
Thu Sep 26 18:06:30 MDT 2019

Smokey had some good tricks up his sleeve.

I think one was enough fuel line to hold about a gallon of fuel that was wound back and forth in the roll cage.

My favorite was, after they put in restrictor plates, he used the biggest studs he could to hold the carbs down, hollowed them out, filled them with wax, painted them black, and rolled the car over to Tech. They took the carb off, put on the restrictor plate, and sealed it up. Of course once it came up to temp, he had about 3/4” more airflow into the engine than everyone else...Said it took several races before they caught on.