[Fot] Battery ?

Phil Gott vfracing at aol.com
Mon Sep 16 23:50:58 MDT 2019

We “discovered” that there are (at least) two sizes of starter motors available, 1.4 kW and 2.0 kW. The former from TRF and Moss, the latter from Ted Schumacher. With a small battery the 2 kW motor starts the car much better, spinning it faster and, I think, ultimately with less energy drain from the battery.
Being a Yankee, I use a 450 cca lawn tractor battery. I would need a booster battery to start the car when cold using the 1.4 kW motor, but with the 2kW motor it cranks right up without a booster, all else being the same.
Bottom line, when choosing a battery, consider the whole system.
Phil Gott
Sent from my iPhone