[Fot] Fw: TR-2/3 Starter Question - Forgot

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 11:35:43 MDT 2019

 I forgot to mention, the Moss part number for the starter pinion is 549-600, on page 83 of the latest Moss catalog.

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com>To: FOT List <fot at autox.team.net>Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 1:29:24 PM EDTSubject: TR-2/3 Starter Question
 Does anyone have any experience with rebuilding the early starters, as used on TR-2's and TR-3's, up to about chassis number 50,000 (the "long" starters)?  i took my starter to a local electrical shop a couple of months ago and he is stuck.  He can't figure out how to remove the pinion (with gear) from the shaft.  Is there a secret to getting the pinion off?
Or, does anyone know of any place that rebuilds these early starters, who may be able to help me with this question?  Or, I could send the starter to them.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jack Wheeler