[Fot] exhaust PCV

Joe Boruch jaboruch at netzero.net
Fri Dec 7 10:03:20 MST 2018

Pulling a vacuum on the crankcase can be very effective at getting rings to seal, but for the vacuum to be helpful, all engine openings need to be well sealed.  No breathers, dipstick o-ringed or sealed, oil filler sealed tight, etc.  I have threaded the dipstick hole and keep it sealed with a bolt.  Checking the oil takes a few minutes longer, since the bolt needs to be removed to insert the dipstick. Pulling a significant vacuum is one of the advantages of a dry sump oil system.  The dry sump pump can pull so much vacuum that a vacuum break is needed to limit the vacuum.  Joe(B)