[Fot] Transmission Question

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Tue Jun 26 12:12:11 MDT 2012

Yeah, I played around with a spare transmission and found I could tap
that stud into the box, but it won't come all the way out unless the
main shaft is out of the car.  I agree with Chuck and several others,
the only way is to get the reverse idler shaft lose so I can slide the
gear off, then put it back on with it engaged in the lever.  Stupid
mistake, which I am paying for.  Should be an easy fix after the tranny
is out, but I absolutely hate mounting the overdrive on the back.