[Fot] Transmission Question

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Mon Jun 25 17:30:27 MDT 2012

My problem is not with the main shaft but with the little idler gear on
the small reverse shaft.  I need to get it positioned so it engages the
lever.  If you go to the online manual
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/TransRebuild/TRTrans02.pdf  and look at the
late model transmission blow up. The lever I'm talking about is labeled
#63.  The bottom of that lever needs to engage in the slot on the
reverse idler gear, #68.  I remember these are always getting miss
located during a rebuild and you need to wire it in place.  I probably
didn't know that when I built this one.  There must be a clever way to
fix this without a complete tear down.
Larry