[Fot] Mazda Gearbox

Ed Diehl mediehljr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 10:35:13 MDT 2008

Hi, Dan. Some years ago I Iinstalled a Toyota GT gearbox in the GP Spit that I raced at the time and it was a very good  conversion. It was nec. to make up a plate to go between the Spit bellhousing and the trans and do a little grinding an the splines, but not too dificult to handle. The trans is a 5 speed so we needed to lock out 1st gear (easy) to make it SCCA legal.. Makes a very durable setup and only needed synchros one time in 5 years. Might be worth your consideration. Cheers, Ed.

Ed Diehl