[Roadsters] Water in the gas line?

John Stromgren lutepisk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:06:25 MDT 2021

Hello, All.

I had a troubling episode after coming out of the grocery store a while
ago; I could proudly fit all the groceries in the trunk of my 1970 2000,
but I couldn't start the car and keep it running.

Being an ignorant, fearful, and unsure fellow, I called AAA.  Nice guy came
out and figured it was water in the gas, got it going, and it ran fine
after that.  I filled it up on the way home, put my little measure of Fuel
Ox in the tank, and trusted that all would be well now.

Some weeks passed, without me using the car much.  There was a lot of rain,
but the car is always garaged.  Took it out tonight to get it ready for a
ride tomorrow, and darned if I didn't have the same symptoms - couldn't
keep it running.  The tank is a little more than half full.

I know that if the tank is half full the rest must be air, and if it's been
humid, that must be moist air, and water doesn't burn, but really - I've
never had problems like this before.  Am I not driving it enough?

What suggestions might y'all have for me?

Always appreciative of the expertise of this group,

John
--
John E. Stromgren
SRL311-14061