[Roadsters] braking

peter harrison granvillecomputing at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 23:05:09 MDT 2013

Dave.You mentioned installing DOT 5 - did you flush the system before adding
(I think acetone? is the preferred material.As to turning the wheels with
brakes applied, if you weighed 2200 lbs and were travelling at 10-15 MPH - you
MIGHT just be able to turn them <G>
After 5 years of little to no use - I would 1st advise adjusting the rears (as
Bob suggested) (tighten til the wheel sticks and back off one flat. Re bleed -
starting at driver rear then passengers, then front then cylinders and
recheck.If still not up to snuff - then gotta tear everything down - check all
seals and frankly replace the lot. Check for pitting on the  cylinder walls of
the calipers (some pitting on the BASE of the cylinder is not too critical)
IMHO - the standard brakes are more than adequate for some quite serious
driving - but have a tendency to fade if used hard on downhill twisties.
FWIWPeter Harrison
818 448 3181

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/rksmith46@hotmail.com