[Roadsters] braking

robert k. smith rksmith46 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:09:44 MDT 2013

hi,   ck. the rear brk. shoe adjustment. a few quarter turns on each
side can
make a difference  in pedal height and pressure.  like others have said, the
roadster has manual brakes, and arent near as good as the newer cars.
if you can lock up the brakes on a panic stop,(or at least make them
screech a little). they are O.K. (for roadster brakes).
make sure the front calipers arent sticking, and the rears arent TOO
tight, as the pads and shoes can overheat.   old frt. calipers
can be sticky, and drag some.   i think i read some where that
dot 5 silicone fluid, has more compressability than reg. dot
3&4 fluid.     the pedal might be firmer if you switch to reg. fluid.  best of
luck,  bob smith, ohio