[Roadsters] It won't stop running

Mark Hatch mhatch at ics.com
Sat May 11 19:17:32 MDT 2013

I had a "no stop" situation after I re-hooked my backup lights into the
wiring harness. Could even withdraw the key and it kept running. Pulled the
hot on the battery to get the car to stop running.

On a '69, a lot of stuff gets their hot (power) through the hazard light
switch. At the time assumed that there was something in that subsystem that
was shorting the positive and bypassing the ignition switch. Given the
switch is right next to the radio, and I had tried fitting a larger radio, I
assumed it was something I had done.

I deferred working on the backup lights until later and never did figure out
what the connection was...

Mark